Paphiopedilum niveum var. thaianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very Nice! :) Is it avalable in the U.S.?

Tom
Small enough to pin it on the lapel of your jacket on the trip home from Europe, very fashionable ala old fashion way, :rollhappy: there you go, it is now available in... what state did you say you are residing?

Yes, I heard over an alba form in Thailand form but I did not see:rollhappy:

There is one plant with green leaves, no purple, that has been sold in Thailand, but not a confirmed album in bloom actually, if that is the same plant we are talking about.

As well, there is no thaianum anywhere else than in Thailand, but several nurseries in Chiang Mai have huge stocks (mixed with small leucochilum...) that they use for trade with others species. I have seen even thaianum in Kunming, China recently. To find plants in Laos is not surprising, Thai sellers have to get most of their stock from Laos, so they can exchange with thaianum at the south border of Laos, and the plants go to the north where they are sold to the Chinese.

As far as I know, thaianum is considered a valid species, and not a variety of niveum. Also, from what I have heard, since there are no CITES issues with Thailand, there should be no problem importing them when they get propagated. Take care, Eric

Hello Eric,
I does not believe that thaianum exists :sob::sob::sob:

This plant was described in the Orchid Review (RHS) as Paph thaianum, not niveum var. thaianum. I've only ever heard to refered to as Paph thaianum. Of course what I hear isn't important,it's what is published that matters and it was published as Paph thaianum.

Latest posts

Back