Paphiopedilum Miroslav Grandtner (malipoense x Amagumo)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Paphiopedilum Miroslav Grandtner (malipoense x Amagumo)

First blooming. It looks somewhat like a mini Paph. Malipoense. Great raspberry fragrance. I bought it from Cloud’s Orchids and the breeder is Hung Sheng Orchids Farm who will let me registered the cross. I think is as potential.

I decided to name it after a renowned forest ecology professor in Quebec, Mr Miroslav Grandtner. Maybe some of you know him for its trees dictionary :

http://books.google.ca/books/about/Elsevier_s_Dictionary_of_Trees.html?id=yjc5ZYWtkNAC&redir_esc=y

Mr Grandtner died in February at 85. He was a bright, charismatic, strict, rigourous, full of knowleges man. Actually, he was a GREAT man, appreciated by everyone. And you know how it is uncommon for students to respect their teachers all the time. Mr Grandtner was just different.

Rest in peace, Mr. Miro!

Paphiopedilum Miroslav Grandtner (malipoense x Amagumo)_web par Erythrone2, sur Flickr

It seems to me that the texture and dorsal show an improvement? I would be inclined to buy the plant just for the touching name tribute.

Latest posts

Back