Paphiopedilum micranthum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P.K.Hansen

Reaction score
The dorsal isn't good, but I pretty happy with the rest. The first pic shows how the bud developed, and I expected a more deformed flower.

32524506517_956277821f_c.jpg

32607753377_a1d7f8492a_c.jpg
32607750577_497c8936eb_c.jpg

Good colours...and you might have better luck with the deformities next time round! (If not being genetically caused, which God forbid! :confused:)

Where did you acquire the plant?

Kind regards,
Jens

Great pictures. Did you obtain this plant in bud or did it bud for you? How long did you have it before it bloomed. Has it developed a new fan yet? I have two similar plants for 2 years now and was wondering when I might expect to see a bud and bloom. They seem happy but just are adding layers of leaves without a bloom. Looking for information.

Great pictures. Did you obtain this plant in bud or did it bud for you? How long did you have it before it bloomed. Has it developed a new fan yet? I have two similar plants for 2 years now and was wondering when I might expect to see a bud and bloom. They seem happy but just are adding layers of leaves without a bloom. Looking for information.
Hi, your temperature differentials during the winter might not be great enough to initiate flowering. I am not 100% sure about micranthum but other orchids need the day and night temperatures to be far enough apart.

To P.K.Hansen: Thank you for the information, it was very helpful. I am hoping to get blooms in this next year. My leaf structure looks to be about the same size. I believe this variety can put out stolons so the fan might not be adjacent to your current fan. I have read that occasionally they need help finding the up direction. It looks like a great plant.
To spujr: Thank you. I think my plants are too young, but don’t know how many years it takes from an early fan to blooming. I got two very small, single layer fans, 2 years ago. They are 3 to 4 layers and with larger leaves, albeit quite small. I currently have about 8 othe paph. varieties in bloom and P. Deperle, and P. Deception II in bud. I don’t think temperature is my issue.

Latest posts

Back