Paphiopedilum micranthum 'Sasha'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spaph

Reaction score
I have been growing orchids for over 20 years and finally entered my first display at our society's annual AOS show. I was pleasantly surprised to find my Paph. micranthum 'Sasha' getting a first place in the parvi section, trophy award for best Paphiopedilum and getting pulled for AOS judging. No AOS award, but pretty exciting none the less :)

16867945402_9fa454b76d.jpg
16681712830_a4772da22d.jpg

The plant on the right is the one I brought in for judging, the plant on the left is the mother plant that the division on the right came from. 'Mom' was a bit behind and didn't make the show, too bad as I think she is a bit better ;)
16867971331_0fbcb2e092.jpg
16868979195_1a0739b508.jpg

Congratulations. I really like the look of your display.

"Mom" is better in this comparison, but it might be mostly the age of the flower. You definitely grow micranthum very well.

WooHoo....very nice! Yes, I agree; "Mom" is a bit better and it's really too bad that she didn't make it to the judging. It's beautifully grown and the flower is top notch!

Fantastic growing and great looking flowers either one of them. Do you fill in the bottom of the pan with Styrofoam peanuts or all mix?

Latest posts

Back