Quantcast

Paphiopedilum lowii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Guldal

Reaction score
Looks like a very nice clone! Do you know its provenience? (hopefully it's the flowers being downy, and not mealy bugs, that one spots here and there?)

Djthomp28

Reaction score
It is 'Uncle Frank' x 'Hsinying'.

Thankfully, there are no mealy bugs. However some sort of pollen/plant matter is floating around and gets on everything. I have this paph in my little greenhouse but the stuff is in there too. The doors and windows are open so it id not a surprise. Still better than mealy bugs.

Guldal

Reaction score
Thankfully, there are no mealy bugs
I'm glad to hear that! I have at the moment a slight chemical warfare going on in part of my collection, that has been invaded by those damn little bastards! :mad: (maybe that has led me to spot them, even where they are not! 😳

Last edited:

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
I have to tune into the choir.....nicely grown and compact plant with three spikes and a bunch of lovely flowers. That's not too bad for a plant you overlooked most of the time.

Djthomp28

Reaction score
Thanks all!

Next spring/summer I know exactly where to put my lowii in the growing space. Possibly a few other multis too. It was in a bright corner of my little 6x8 greenhouse, which gets pretty warm and has great air circulation. However because it was in the corner I missed watering it as much as I should have. As a result, some of the leaves wrinkled a bit.

KateL

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Three spikes and lovely flowers! What a show!!!
Way to go Darlene.

Latest posts