Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like this species and its hybrids. The problem is that mine have long floppy leaves. They act like they want to grow hanging down, but that doesn't work well in my growing space. Mike

Trouble with rot ?
You mean, black rot ?
Do you use tap water which is dirty and you are not aware of ?
For critical emergency treatement of sick Paphs.
I can only recommend you to dilute a drop of Alaska fish oil in 2 liters of clean water.
Use air con water if you don't have rain water. Or mineral water would do just fine.
Spray it to those leaves, soakingly wet.
And you can squirt the Alaska water onto surface roots.
Within 2-3 days you can see those paphs look fresher than before...(hopefully works, fingers crossed).
The rot is usually caused by unfit health issues, dirty tap water, too much of watering.
You see the hairy roots look lightly brown, not too dry, not too wet, then it is the ideal condition.
It's better if mild sun shine can pass and shine on the leaves like 5-10 minutes.
One thing to remember, you do not water Paphs daily, it will rot the roots.
Watering, I think once a week is fine as long as you spray those leaves with clean water on hot midday.
Or you don't have to spray water when you see the leaf is moist.
Spray it only when it looks dry.
Better don't fertilize with balanced NPK for now.
Wait until they thrive well first, as it looks fresh and alive.
Meanwhile use Alaska fish oil first.
Then you can spray on root thin portion of balanced NPK fertilizer twice a week.

Sadly mine were dead years ago when informations of Paph care was no where to be found.

...and ?

please say you just gave them away.... :)

i do have trouble with rot on these... 3 in the infirmary (windowsill)

Latest posts

Back