Paphiopedilum Liberty Taiwan and armeniacum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigleaf

Reaction score
Paphiopedilum Liberty Taiwan and armeniacum

LT just opening. Will update when open more. Really excited about LT - haven't bloomed one before.

b03d328a995c299754295dae0329748d.jpg

Lovely both! My LT aborted its spike after 4 months--very disappointing. It's got a new growth it's maturing, so hopefully I get to see a flower this year.

Thank you. Paph Liberty Taiwan has light color foliage, they are from Chouyi Taiwan - cross number CY97221. I also have darker color leaves Paph Liberty Taiwan in bud. it is developing very slowly. I think the foliage color difference is due to different Paph micranthum used.

That's nice. I have always been into species but really getting to like hangianum hybrids.

Awesome. I've considered getting a Liberty Taiwan, but I'd really only want one if I knew it was a fragrant clone. The flowers are pretty, but I'm not big on pink tones in Paphs. But who knows, maybe I'll pick up a seedling one day "just because".

The armeniacum is really nice, and looks to be almost as big as the LT!

Do you have any China Moons in bloom/spike?

Teh LT is light pink. Any clue if the eburneum variety was used?

I asked Mr Chen and he said regular micranthum is used. Not eburneum. He can't explain why some have lighter foliage.

This one is CY97221 from Chouyi. I could ask Chouyi since this is his cross. I haven't bloomed a darker leaves LT yet to see if foliage color is any indication of bloom.

I'm Very pleased to flower this nonetheless. Reminds me of bubble gum.

3f3377e0fbccf6b2dfdc150db3b1743c.jpg

Attachments

• 3f3377e0fbccf6b2dfdc150db3b1743c.jpg
    3f3377e0fbccf6b2dfdc150db3b1743c.jpg
    695 KB · Views: 0
I bought one LT from you last year or the year before and it has dark green leaves. Beautiful!!!
All others I have are much lighter in leaf color.

All were made with standard micranthum as far as I know.

I think it's variable naturally due to hangianum, which tends to "wash out" the green tone a bit when hybridized with others ( sane effect as emersonii) but not always.

Latest posts

Back