Paphiopedilum leucochilum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Guldal

Reaction score
Great flowers both of them!

The hooded stance of the one on the right, might not adhere to the current fads in judging and line breeding - it's never the less a gorgeous flower!

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Both are lovely flowers no doubt but sorry to say this again....at least the left one is no leucochilum just P. godefroyae and by the right one it depends of it whether someone bends the rule or not. If you accept P. godefroyae f. leucochilum (KEW doesn't accept it) than it distinguishes by P. godefroyae only by its PURE white pouch.

Guldal

Reaction score
Both are lovely flowers no doubt but sorry to say this again....at least the left one is no leucochilum just P. godefroyae and by the right one it depends of it whether someone bends the rule or not. If you accept P. godefroyae f. leucochilum (KEW doesn't accept it) than it distinguishes by P. godefroyae only by its PURE white pouch.
Rudolf, you are so right! As there is no such a thing as leuco-almost-chilum (it's like pregnancy: either that pouch is all white on the outside or it isn't), both better be considered godefroyae - which, albeit, doesn't subtract a iota from their beauty! :p

PS. You are in good company, though, Djthomp - even as distinguished a Paph-connaiseur as mr. Popow, sr. doesn't get it right every time! ;)

Last edited:

Hien

Reaction score
The one in the square pot seems to be better

KateL

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score

werner.freitag

Reaction score
nice plats, could be better in future !
if you have a way out of Thailand, there are some good breeders here.

Ozpaph

Reaction score
I like the dark markings.
I suspect all the in and out breeding blurs the leuco vs godefroyae distinction

setaylien

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
These are from Odom's Orchids. These clones have different parents. Both are first time bloomers. I am hoping the shape improves as they mature especially with the one on the right. It looks like it is wearing a hood.

View attachment 21225View attachment 21226View attachment 21227
Very nice flowers, but both of them are godefroyae, not leucochilum! I have a leucochilum in bloom right now and there is no outside spotting to the pouch at all.

Latest posts