Paphiopedilum Leucochilum 'Mr Chen'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very nice flower !
I keep them with 70% shade, but in Thailand .Not so much water needed as others, still trying clay and plastic pots.

I am still not sure about the difference between P. godefroyae and leucochilum. Here are small spots on the labellum , too.Paphiopedilum leucochilum (2).JPG Paphiopedilum leucochilum.JPG

very nice flower !
I keep them with 70% shade, but in Thailand .Not so much water needed as others, still trying clay and plastic pots.

I am still not sure about the difference between P. godefroyae and leucochilum. Here are small spots on the labellum , too.View attachment 15805 View attachment 15806
the spoted just inside the pouch which the same as thianum. It should be leuco since the pouch had no dots outside

P. Cribb considers P. leucochilum to be conspecific with P. godefroyae - he convincingly argues his case, that no one has ever succeeded in establishing leucochilum neither as an independent, clearly described species, that stands clear apart from the typical form, nor as a legit variety.

To a certain point it might make some sense to consider plants with flowers with no outward spotting on the lip (slipper) as a specific colour form of godefroyae - that would at the moment, though, only carry the following horticultural designation: P. godefroyae fma. leucochillum (Hort.). In a narrower botanical sense such plants would only carry the designation of the typical form: P. godefroyae.

Kind regards, Jens

P. Cribb considers P. leucochilum to be conspecific with P. godefroyae - he convincingly argues his case, that no one has ever succeeded in establishing leucochilum neither as an independent, clearly described species, that stands clear apart from the typical form, nor as a legit variety.

To a certain point it might make some sense to consider plants with flowers with no outward spotting on the lip (slipper) as a specific colour form of godefroyae - that would at the moment, though, only carry the following horticultural designation: P. godefroyae fma. leucochillum (Hort.). In a narrower botanical sense such plants would only carry the designation of the typical form: P. godefroyae.

Kind regards, Jens
thanks Jens - really helpful - so much to learn.

Latest posts

Back