paphiopedilum leucochilum black

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the gardner knows immediately , that is first blooming. How many growth has the plant ?. How larg is leafspan ( for blooming size ) ?
That is not the point ... you haven't seen the second blooming ... therefore you DONT KNOW WHAT IT WILL BE ... anything else is BULL

the gardner knows immediately , that is first blooming. How many growth has the plant ?. How larg is leafspan ( for blooming size ) ?

There is an alian logic in this answer.

I think Hakone is just saying that the plant is only showing its first blooming because of the size of the plant (from the pic, a single mature fan and 2 new starts) and the plant has not shown a second bloom yet, so possibly it should improve in the future..

OMG... isn't it already enough to read and re-read all this rubbish and BULL (as Braemie sais) ? Guy, behave!! as you already mentioned in another thread (I am using your own words!): USE YOUR EYES AND BRAIN!!! it all sounds like school girls having a non-sense discussion (or in another context, like the typical Prof Dr Dr L-M-A-A-Actitude "I know better than anybody else because I am Prof Dr Dr C100 L-M-A-A! Whatever you say is BULL because you not even have a Dr and are no one to talk to me")
Not sure about what's that all about but why don't you let your "crush" on the guy at a private level, instead of annoying everybody here? I think it would be healthier for the forum...

Some people write books, some other people don't give a big S about them, some people grow plant and some other don't even care about them, some people put hands on fir for classical taxonomy and others believe in molecular phylogeny, some people have ideas and others copy them... That's life! take or leave it!

as for this case, Hakone has said a second bloom will be better, the same way as almost everybody in this forum states it will be, when one post a picture of a first bloomer with no perfect shape (review all teh post and you will find that!). And why he said that? BECAUSE that's teh experience of most of us here: second/Third blooms are normally BETTER than the first one... Thats also the reason why most of us gives a second/third chance tomost plants instead of throuwing them into the bin inmediately after first bloom.

My apologies if I am being rude, but I think I am not the only one already tired of reading this kind of insulting messages on every thread some people write/start... Let's stay respectfull... ok? you can have different opinions, but there is no need to be aggressive and insulting...

and if we have moderators in this forum, please take an action! no,. I am not saying you should block anyone... just send a message and callback to decent level...

my opinion!

That is not the point ... you haven't seen the second blooming ... therefore you DONT KNOW WHAT IT WILL BE ... anything else is BULL

My Question :

How many growths has the plant ?. How larg is leafspan ( for blooming size ) ?

your Answer , please ? . You place only questions :D

also you don´t know . How many leucochilum are you saw?

OMG... isn't it already enough to read and re-read all this rubbish and BULL (as Braemie sais) ? Guy, behave!! as you already mentioned in another thread (I am using your own words!): USE YOUR EYES AND BRAIN!!! it all sounds like school girls having a non-sense discussion (or in another context, like the typical Prof Dr Dr L-M-A-A-Actitude "I know better than anybody else because I am Prof Dr Dr C100 L-M-A-A! Whatever you say is BULL because you not even have a Dr and are no one to talk to me")
Not sure about what's that all about but why don't you let your "crush" on the guy at a private level, instead of annoying everybody here? I think it would be healthier for the forum...

Some people write books, some other people don't give a big S about them, some people grow plant and some other don't even care about them, some people put hands on fir for classical taxonomy and others believe in molecular phylogeny, some people have ideas and others copy them... That's life! take or leave it!

as for this case, Hakone has said a second bloom will be better, the same way as almost everybody in this forum states it will be, when one post a picture of a first bloomer with no perfect shape (review all teh post and you will find that!). And why he said that? BECAUSE that's teh experience of most of us here: second/Third blooms are normally BETTER than the first one... Thats also the reason why most of us gives a second/third chance tomost plants instead of throuwing them into the bin inmediately after first bloom.

My apologies if I am being rude, but I think I am not the only one already tired of reading this kind of insulting messages on every thread some people write/start... Let's stay respectfull... ok? you can have different opinions, but there is no need to be aggressive and insulting...

and if we have moderators in this forum, please take an action! no,. I am not saying you should block anyone... just send a message and callback to decent level...

my opinion!

2. Educational channel is not spectacular. Professor is an occupation in Germany , not otherwise.

Joh.Wolfgang v. Goethe wrote

Achte auf Deine Gedanken,
denn sie werden deine Worte.
Achte auf Deine Worte,
denn sie werden Deine Handlungen.
Achte auf Deine Handlungen,
denn sie werden Deine Gewohnheiten.
Achte auf Deine Gewohnheiten,
denn sie werden Dein Charakter.
Achte auf Deinen Charakter,
denn er wird Dein Schicksal.​

Hakone, my previous post is also valid for you.. ok?

let's stay quiet... ok? or at least have discussion at a decent, reasonable and respectfull level, without insulting or attacking or provoking each others...

Hakone, my previous post is also valid for you.. ok?

let's stay quiet... ok? or at least have discussion at a decent, reasonable and respectfull level, without insulting or attacking or provoking each others...

Hello Kavanaru,

thank you very much . With certain people is missing the educated cultivated discussion. He must learn. Probably too late :sob:

to breed an almost black godefroyae is quite an achievement.

From the photo I cannot say for sure, if this is the first bloom on this plant, since we see just one side of it. There might have been a previous growth which has been removed or which has wilted. On the other hand I would assume (assumptions again) that the breeder was so keen to show this spectacular flower that he carried it to this meeting on the very first occassion, no matter what serious flaws the flowers had.

And I'm not so sure if this flower will improve on the next flowering. If you compare with other hyper-pigmented flowers such as some Maudiae-type vinicolors (petals in particular) or Halequin-Phals you'll always note some crippling in the areas where there is too much pigment.

Your Answer , please SIR .

Hakone, I must admit that I find it sometimes challenging to follow your thoughts. Future improvement of a flower depends not only plant age, but even more on plant genetics, epigenetics and growers skills.
Why did you direkt us to the FCC plants on Dr. Tanakas web page? Please explain.

Your Answer , please SIR .

What the heck does this mean? Do you really know what you are writing? I suggest you get some help somewhere.

Hakone, I must admit that I find it sometimes challenging to follow your thoughts. Future improvement of a flower depends not only plant age, but even more on plant genetics, epigenetics and growers skills.
Why did you direkt us to the FCC plants on Dr. Tanakas web page? Please explain.

fog bombs

What the heck does this mean? Do you really know what you are writing? I suggest you get some help somewhere.

------------------------------

How do you know if it is first blooming ... you haven't seen the second blooming !

" USE YOUR EYES AND YOUR BRAIN!!! " . G. Braem

photo from friend, Nagoya Orchids Meeting July 2011

Hello labskaus,

- How many growths has these plant ?

- How larg is leafspan ( cm ) of leucochilim for first blooming ?

- How larg is leafspan these plant ?

Oups, two starter growth. Sorry.

I think I start to understand what you're trying to write throughout the last couple of pages: You think that blooming fan is too large to be the first one. With that you're saying "thanks a lot to all of you for your kind comments and good wishes for the plants future bloomings, but I believe this is as good as it gets".

I'm with you in this aspect.

Really? THAT is what yo got ot of his comments?

Though I think making broad assumptions about anything is probably ill advised, Hakone's logic is easy to follow. It is a small plant with one growth that hasn't bloomed. Ergo, it is a first bloom plant.

Everything else is conjecture or educated guess. (Both of which are common in all fields, in my experience.)

Latest posts

Back