Paphiopedilum leucochilum album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it have an umbo? I can't tell from the pictures.

FWIW - A friend feels that the album forms of leucochilum must have a green umbo and that a yellow umbo means interbreeding with other Brachys.

Does it have an umbo? I can't tell from the pictures.

FWIW - A friend feels that the album forms of leucochilum must have a green umbo and that a yellow umbo means interbreeding with other Brachys.
Thanks all...

Rockbend... There is no umbo (raised bump) or boss on the staminode. Just the green veining. I have never seen a leucochilum album or normal type with a raised umbo. Is your information correct? Come to think about it, neither brachys nor parvis (except the micranthum extensions) have umbos?

The flower itself is wonderful, but the plant too is so delicately colored that it really adds to its overall beauty. Do you find these more sensitive in culture than the normal types, especially with regard to sunlight?
I grow all albas and normal types of leucochilums the same way... under two T5 sunblasters a foot away (bright light) with warm nights.

Latest posts

Back