Paphiopedilum leuchochilum perfection

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are slightly cupped and cotton is used to travel between shows to prevent bruising.

Yes when I got my first one, I was enthralled for hours!!! I now have around 8 of them, all with different degrees of solid black burgundy.
Where is all this purported cotton wool? I’ve looked at every photo in this thread. I see no cotton wool.

Where is all this purported cotton wool? I’ve looked at every photo in this thread. I see no cotton wool.
he means those few hair like fibers on the 1st bloom. It is not for keeping the flower open, but to keep the flower from being bruised in shipping. I receive my in-bloom plants like this in the past. it is better then wrapping the flower in shredded paper

Holy god wow, eight of these??? Amazing. I really appreciate that dedication to variance. I’m also into Neofinetia...the minute variations on theme. I have 5 P. purpuratum has always want another, even if it’s not an alba I’ll provably pick up the next cheap one I do see. I could see myself doing the same with rungsuriyianum if ever I get my hands on them. Sigh.
do rungsuriyanum flowers have variations among individual plants?

They are slightly cupped and cotton is used to travel between shows to prevent bruising.

Yes when I got my first one, I was enthralled for hours!!! I now have around 8 of them, all with different degrees of solid black burgundy.
That is an amazing breaking record number, but I have a feeling that it won't be stopped there.

he means those few hair like fibers on the 1st bloom. It is not for keeping the flower open, but to keep the flower from being bruised in shipping. I receive my in-bloom plants like this in the past. it is better then wrapping the flower in shredded paper
OH!!!! My god, I had to take off my glasses and put the phone screen right to my eye to see those strands!

do rungsuriyanum flowers have variations among individual plants?
I have sought and devoured every photo o could get my hands on of rungsuriyianum and I see very distinct differences in petal positioning, coloration of laterals and labellum and...well, I call it “personality.” I see this quality and can’t explain it but I recognize it. Maybe someone else has more precise words to describe how these flowers grab our attention in differing ways? I don’t want one rungsuriyianum, I want multiple flasks of them to grow out and bask among!

Attachments

• DSCN0009.JPG
    DSCN0009.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN0003.JPG
    DSCN0003.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCN0026.JPG
    DSCN0026.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 4
And a more "regular" one...

Attachments

• DSCN0003.JPG
    DSCN0003.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN0006.JPG
    DSCN0006.JPG
    159.2 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCN0008.JPG
    DSCN0008.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 6
I like this one...what are you growing in? Perlite? Pumice?
I grow all my paphs in a media/mix called "GREENMIX"...Its a special produced rockwool based media with a bit of limestone in...It is produced here in Denmark only but is sold worlwide, tough shipping costs may be high as it comes in 5 and 10 kg bags only...I have been using it for about 25 years of the 40 years I have been growing orchids, and it is a excellent media, especially for terestric and botanical types who needs a bit more humid compost in the pots...I have all my paphs and a Phr. kovachii in it and the kovachii just loves it as it needs clean, clear water almost constantly so this mix is great...

I grow all my paphs in a media/mix called "GREENMIX"...Its a special produced rockwool based media with a bit of limestone in...It is produced here in Denmark only but is sold worlwide, tough shipping costs may be high as it comes in 5 and 10 kg bags only...I have been using it for about 25 years of the 40 years I have been growing orchids, and it is a excellent media, especially for terestric and botanical types who needs a bit more humid compost in the pots...I have all my paphs and a Phr. kovachii in it and the kovachii just loves it as it needs clean, clear water almost constantly so this mix is great...
Thank you! Never heard of it.

Latest posts

Back