Paphiopedilum lawrenceanum 'Birchwood' HCC-AOS x 'Fox Valley'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

naoki

Reaction score
I got it from Orchids by Hausermann 7 years ago. It's been a reliable bloomer, but I think this might be the first time I took photos. I took the photos in Nov 12, 2018, and it is still going well after 2 months.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Wow, what a beauty and what a tall stem. I like to repeat myself when I say - excellent photos too and the close ups are great.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
When you say reliable do you mean it blooms every year for you? I have several colored forms which I've never bloomed and a number of albums which have bloomed only once.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

naoki

Reaction score
When you say reliable do you mean it blooms every year for you? I have several colored forms which I've never bloomed and a number of albums which have bloomed only once.
Rick, I think that it is blooming almost every year in the last 3-4 years. I checked the record, but it was missing, so I might be wrong. I remember it wasn't flowering for the first couple years when it was still a single growth. There was another individual which came in the same pot. They weren't connected, so I'm guessing that they are separate individuals. The other one had a set back, and it is still a small single growth after 7 years! But the one in the photo seems to be doing fairly well recently.

I hope yours will bloom soon!