Paphiopedilum kolopakingii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPMC

Reaction score
This is its first bloom for me. I know that it's an easy plant for most, but I had to bring it back from a mite infestation. It's been 6 years and it finally did its thing.

Paphiopedilum%20kolopakingii%2004-11-2015_zps5306kpzg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Awesome! What's the leafspan of the plant? The flowers look bigger in relation to the plant than most kolopakingii I've seen...

love it so much, the petals looks longer than mine previous blooms ! congrats !

I like kolopakingii.

Back when I was first starting in orchids, I had some books about slippers, and none of them made any mention of Paph. kolopakingii. Then I started finding newer books, and I recall the first time I saw photos of this species, I was absolutely enamored. It just looked so wild.

I also remember the first time I saw one in person. It was huge, by far the largest paph I'd seen up to that point, by a big margin.

Awesome! What's the leafspan of the plant? The flowers look bigger in relation to the plant than most kolopakingii I've seen...

It's 36" in leaf span while the spike is 36" tall. The flowers are about 7" x 5".

the flower size is 7" x 5" ??:confused:

I had never seen a kolo of that large flower size.

Latest posts

Back