Paphiopedilum javanicum album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Hakone, this image is lost. Can you repost it? I know it was back in 2011.... just hoping you still have the pic.
Thanks
I love that you are as relentless as I am about the plants you crave. I grow a west-Javanese “chocolate mahogany” form. Well, supposedly; the “well established growth” I ebayed two years ago was all leaves and one root. It’s been touch and go but KelpMax and Orchiata seems to have brought about an invigoration in there. Hoping for more growths instead of flowers off the bat but today noticed what might be a spike. I know you won’t care as it’s neither a leuchochilum nor an album but I’m glad for the excuse to mention a species I’m working on!

Hi BrucherT, I am always happy that there is a response to my posts. I am tickled to hear a bud is coming on your 'west Javanese chocolate well-established growth'! You must keep us updated on it!

Yes my relentlessly have shown that no one seems to have the javanicum album in US, Germany or Taiwan. So I am waiting on Japan to get back to me. I hope Hakone can connect me to this pic and owner.

Hi BrucherT, I am always happy that there is a response to my posts. I am tickled to hear a bud is coming on your 'west Javanese chocolate well-established growth'! You must keep us updated on it!

I will keep you updated! I’m kind of addicted to this forum. I learn so much here and it’s fun as hell.

Regarding your search for an album javanicum: have you tried looking for an album virens? I’m told that’s been reclassified as javanicum now, so if you try maybe you can chase your album javanicum down that way?

Yes my relentlessly have shown that no one seems to have the javanicum album in US, Germany or Taiwan. So I am waiting on Japan to get back to me. I hope Hakone can connect me to this pic and owner.

BrucherT, you are right. I had conversed with Jerry and these seedling offered are part of the 2 step breeding to increase size and vigor of the album line in the F2 generation. I hope to see these albums one day from their nursery.

Some good news! I have found five javanicum album seedling in Japan, which I will pick up at the February show! I'm so excited!

BrucherT, you are right. I had conversed with Jerry and these seedling offered are part of the 2 step breeding to increase size and vigor of the album line in the F2 generation. I hope to see these albums one day from their nursery.

Some good news! I have found five javanicum album seedling in Japan, which I will pick up at the February show! I'm so excited!
That is awesome news...what is “the February show?”

Latest posts

Back