Paphiopedilum jackii albums ‘JF and Jaqueline’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Acquired off the show display from Zephyrus Orchids (thanks JD) from last weekend’s Toronto (SOOS) show from a group of six in bloom.

Since they came in a pair I decided to name them the most famous couple of their time.

Such serene and delicate lime green coloration with a white staminode. One pouch has a brown spot. Both dorsals twisted due to age as they were straight at the show.

Let’s hope I keep them happy, unlike their namesake, who struggled through their love lives.

D193E3D2-2DAC-473F-8474-E4619A054999.jpeg09AC3C7E-11B6-4592-B7F7-E427B93846B4.jpegD16DA1AF-D1FC-4B5E-AB49-9446040A65B0.jpeg860AF64F-BA1A-4CD2-81C0-6359F6A3D6AB.jpeg

Last edited:
Leslie, I've never seen this alba form of P. jackii before...what a greaz´t sight. 👌 And furthermore the shape of these flowers is more compact and in my eyes much better than of some 'normal' P. jackii. What about the leaves...did they get too much light in some parts ?

Leslie, I've never seen this alba form of P. jackii before...what a greaz´t sight. 👌 And furthermore the shape of these flowers is more compact and in my eyes much better than of some 'normal' P. jackii. What about the leaves...did they get too much light in some parts ?
The leaves do look a bit chlorotic perhaps grown in quite intense lighting. I will inquire. Another reason might be magnesium deficiency?

The difference between the normal and Alba form are not as impressive as in other species, but If there is a Chance to get one... Of course. Congrats for that nice acquisitions. Wonder that you still find space for new plants!😆

The difference between the normal and Alba form are not as impressive as in other species, but If there is a Chance to get one... Of course. Congrats for that nice acquisitions. Wonder that you still find space for new plants!😆
I had been moving plants out to my other friends’ places to create room lol.

The leaves do look a bit chlorotic perhaps grown in quite intense lighting. I will inquire. Another reason might be magnesium deficiency?
Does Zephyrus, by any chance, use klite or the ro water version of MSU exclusively to feed their slippers?

Acquired off the show display from Zephyrus Orchids (thanks JD) from last weekend’s Toronto (SOOS) show from a group of six in bloom.

Since they came in a pair I decided to name them the most famous couple of their time.

Such serene and delicate lime green coloration with a white staminode. One pouch has a brown spot. Both dorsals twisted due to age as they were straight at the show.

Let’s hope I keep them happy, unlike their namesake, who struggled through their love lives.

View attachment 38470View attachment 38471View attachment 38473View attachment 38472
I’m not the big fan of albas like you but LORD these are SPECTACULAR and I covet! I see even the leaves are pale. If you’re a-breedin’, I’m a-lignin’ up!

I am not a fan of jackii, but these are very complimentary in a display. The foliage is very different from straight malipoense, and is quite attractive. Not often enough do we have albas or viride in bloom at the same time to form a grouping in a display.

Attachments

• 3 green.jpg
    3 green.jpg
    543.8 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back