Paphiopedilum insigne fma. sanderianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought this plant almost 1 year ago and the seller (Hilmar of Asendorfer Orchideen) told me it would be a division. So it's flowering in my collection for the very first time. I like it very much and I hope, you will enjoy it, too.

07793_21.10.26_paph insigne fma. sanderianum.jpg

07795_21.10.26_paph insigne fma. sanderianum.jpg

another perfect albino species! very nice and no spots on the dorsal as I belief to be required for fma. sanderianum! I really have a soft spot for these albino species...

interesting i have a bunch of broken image references also including a bunch of user avatar images... (after refreshing, logging out and back in etc...) all images linked through the CDN...

Love It Guru, Just 4 years ago very close to my house was a big commercial paphio GH, grown for cut flowers. Inside hundreds of insigne var. Sanderianum nice 4/5 fans plants with 2 flowers. The pot plant were sold for 8 euro. I got a dozen for a friend but any for me. Still regret it! Now no more paphio there.
Very difficult to find it here, too.

If your friend is a true friend, he/she/they would provide you with one of the plants of that dozen! Alternatively with a division, when one of the plants is strong enough for that! :)
Unfortunately I was asked to buy them because he was in business and he sold them all in a very short time). Now he retired and moved to Lanzarote ( canarias islands). No more orchids for him! But I do not give up and keep on searching.

What a pity! I would have thought, that the climate on the Canary Islands would proove ideal for growing tropical orchids!
Never been there but I guess It should be quite dry and windy. Think an evaporative cooler Is a must but Is there enough water? Seen some shots of the Island very little vegetation.

Latest posts

Back