Paphiopedilum Hung Sheng Spice

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I also have Hung Sheng Spice. It is unfortunately very very very slow grower, which is very strange for this type of paphs.
I bought it in bloom (mine happens to be quite colorful and the leaves are narrow & long) in Jan 2017. The old growth is long gone and the newest growth is still growing. Over three full freaking years!!! It was literally like one leaf a year. I was so close to just tossing but the flower was memorable and the plant was finally looking a bit better this year with better roots and all, so I'm keeping it. It may even bloom again some time next year. Or so I hope. Fingers crossed!!

I had a terribly shaded picture on my phone for some time, but I must have deleted.
The flower looked pretty much like a straight spicerianum but slightly larger and with pronounced dark purple on the dorsal.

That would be a nice plant to experiment with... nice small plant, cute flower with good dorsal and petal stance.
Congrats

Latest posts

Back