Paphiopedilum Ho Chi Minh

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperPaph

Reaction score
Dear friends, this is my first post on the forum, at the begining very dificult for me, but it has been possible with DrLeslie assistance and help. Thank you Leslie very much.
This is the sixth day of this plant in flower, petals have some small scratches that formed more or less during the twenty days of development. Hope you enjoy it, I love this plant and want to share my happiness with all you.

Attachments

• IMG_0698.JPG
    IMG_0698.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0702.JPG
    IMG_0702.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0703.JPG
    IMG_0703.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 49
Welcome Alex! Congrats to your first successful posting!

Your HCM has such beautiful shape that holds well! Round and flat. Colour is a nice pastel pink too.

My HCM didn’t bloom as nice this year even though the growth is much larger. First flower browned even before the second bud was open. Here it is, all bent, floppy and unhappy looking lol. Maybe he will be happier in warm and sunny Cuba .

8A18DC09-622B-48A7-8A8E-72A1193FCBA4.jpeg D90E3480-7C3F-4DC9-8F0A-D8AB2FDC587E.jpeg 0CD42057-10C8-4FF9-9244-8A16EA8F496E.jpeg A3969D5A-DF0D-42DF-8AAA-8D73C4B6ED0B.jpeg

Friends, thank you very much for your comments!!!

Leslie, the flower in your plant is excellent, glossy, with a very interesting dark pink. The small spots in dark pink near the pouch, give to the flower a very distintive fenotype in your HCM clone.

When I got this plant, it was in bloom, I think by first time, and the flower had similar petals as Leslie´s HCM picture (in "dog-eared form", as you say).

Paph. Ho Chi Minh.jpg

Here is the picture of the flower in that moment. Maybe the climate, as Leslie have said.

Leslie, it is posible, as you say, the humedity be factor that decides the "flat" form in petals, because in this picture from your HCM, it is clear the potential it has for having wider petals.

Dear friends
Thank you for all comments. Yesterday the HCM has began to show whitered s first signs. Interesting the way it happens, in a simmetrical form. Here I post the picture, and maybe the other keeps healthy for more days. 20200526_080816.jpg

Latest posts

Back