Paphiopedilum hirsutissinum fm. album

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leslie, on the first glance it will be a stunner after expanding. 👌 Looking forwad to seeing more photos.

Blooming like clockwork for mid-winter blues, this flower is finally opening after a long delay:.......
I hope midwinter is over and spring is knocking at the door.....at least here.....but unfortunately this is only my wish.

I'm in love with green flowers, yours Is a pleasure for my eyes. Hirsutissimum always fascinated me but I have yet to see mine first flowering. I take a seat and enjoy the show!

wow Leslie... what a wonderful albino species.. right up my alley !!!

any cultural advice? mine seems to be growing extremely slow and very sensitive to fungus attacks.
any cultural difference with esquirolei album?

wow Leslie... what a wonderful albino species.. right up my alley !!!

any cultural advice? mine seems to be growing extremely slow and very sensitive to fungus attacks.
any cultural difference with esquirolei album?
I grow this one at the coolest spot next to the balcony door that I open to chill down to 10-12C fall/winter nights. They light bright 2500 fc lights. And hot summers.

I grow this one at the coolest spot next to the balcony door that I open to chill down to 10-12C fall/winter nights. They light bright 2500 fc lights. And hot summers.
My temp range seems good but the light is a surprice.
2.500 foot-candle of sunlight is about 500 PAR-PPFD (µmol/m^2.s) ; that is about 5 times the 90-100 PPFD I normally give my paphs... that's huge, wow

My temp range seems good but the light is a surprice.
2.500 foot-candle of sunlight is about 500 PAR-PPFD (µmol/m^2.s) ; that is about 5 times the 90-100 PPFD I normally give my paphs... that's huge, wow
Hmmmm maybe that high… like cattleyas. But increase slowly until leaves are bright apple 🍏 green.

Cute! I'm not too fond of the colored variety of this species but the album one really catches my eyes.
I still slap my head for not getting one or two from SVO a few years ago when they offered this at low price. Stupid me!!

Back