Paphiopedilum hirsutissimum forma alboviride

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I acquired this plant from Orchid Inn a couple years ago in bloom. It is the brother to the FCC that Sam got at the Chicago Orchid show. This is the best blooming so far with the petals well held with a NS of almost 13 cm and wide petals (2.6 x 7 cm), big dorsal (4 x 4 cm), and a cool apple green colour.

7CFE8560-ACC7-4588-9F6A-9193BD761933.jpeg 5D939D8B-D6CC-49EB-83C3-20A6F503AFC2.jpeg FFF53A4E-4111-4952-9B2D-95C1DE9211D7.jpeg 7F8001B6-9DF4-4513-9005-577431B8F136.jpeg A81DB276-828D-4141-BEB2-C72CE22F01FD.jpeg

I like glossy dark green flowers like this!
Do you grow indoor? what is your winter minimum in the growing area? I thought this species needs a lot of chilling to do well long term.
SVO was offering this for a very low price and I regret for not getting any. I was hesitant about the winter temp that I could not provide.

Dr. Ee you exspressed a desire to have a piece of a villosum I posted awhile ago. I am trying to accomadate you, but am having difficulty contacting you privately. If you are no longer interested just let me know and I will stop seeminly harassing you.
Don

Hi Don, sorry the PM doesn’t seem to work. Yes I am interested in the Villosum. I’ll be at the SOOS show next weekend. Will you be there? Maybe you can bring then?

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. How many growths? Good luck at judging! :) I'm having a hard time with this species. Any tips?
It has about 3 old growths plus flowering growth and 2 new growths.

I grow in hot wet summers and cool dry winters (nights at 15-16C by balcony door, which I open frequently to go out). It also likes to be underpot. And very bright light, about 2000 fc.

Heavy feeding in summer with CaMg and MSU for RO, flush twice before feeding again. Fish emulsion occasionally with kelp. I pay close attention that pH is 6.5 (use pH up often as RO drops fertilizer mix to pH 4.0!!) and TDS less than 300 ppm.

I have the type form too, all three of which are in bloom in a slightly warmer spot (18C winter nights). Will post when 3rd flower fully opens.

DrLes, this specimen is great. Could I share your photos, with your credits, in our cuban facebook site Paphiopedilums de Cuba y el Mundo, please?

Latest posts

Back