Paphiopedilum herrmannii in situ

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cxcanh

Reaction score
One of very nice species

1CXC_0729Paphiopedilumherrmannii.jpg

From seeing this in situ, would you say that it is a valid species or a natural hybrid?

What a beautiful sight!!! Hermannii grows cooler?

No, even hotter

From seeing this in situ, would you say that it is a valid species or a natural hybrid?

I think this is valid species because the population very large and just only this hermannii and concolor. Do not have any other species look similar like henryanum

Very lovely. It looks like they are growing on cliffs. Is that correct?

This one just quite similar to hirsutissimum, everywhere not only on cliff

I think if it was a hybrid between henry and hirsu the pouch would be peppered with more brown although the leaves show characteristics of both

Dear Mr. Canh! Many thanks for pics and comment, you helped me to undertsand, too, that it is a natural hybrid or not. Your description about its habitat, population uniformity and surrounding other species made it clear that it is a valid species. Many thanks again.
Istvan

Thank you all for your comment, it also help me to improve my knowledge too.

Shoud I post more photo from this trip to this thread? We could not post photo directly right?

Please send all the photos you can, slippers and other species, There is an option for non slippers on this forum. Thank you very much

Latest posts

Back