Paphiopedilum hennisianum and wolterianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice bloomings.

The wolterianum (syn. appletonianum) is an albescent due to the brown dots on the base of the petals. Beautiful.

musa

Reaction score
Thanks for the right attribute albescent. We had a discussion about that, but I couldn't remember.
Is it reasonable to stay with the name wolterianum or should it better be switched to appletonianum?

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the right attribute albescent. We had a discussion about that, but I couldn't remember.
Is it reasonable to stay with the name wolterianum or should it better be switched to appletonianum?
I think keeping tag as wolterianum albescent (syn appletonianum) for now is sufficient as to the identity. That way in the future, you can trace the origin.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Two absolutely beautiful flowers, Michael 👍.......but your growing light is terrible (in a photo). I assume you bought the Paph. wolterianum 'albescent' from Hilmar, right?

musa

Reaction score
yes it is from Hilmar. Sorry for the light, but as it is such a regular bloomer i don't take fotos each time. This is just a foto for quick documentation...
...Rudolf, imagine how wonderful a vietnamense or appletonianum appears in that light, you need not bother with photoshop any more...

Latest posts