Paphiopedilum Hengduan's Purple Tiger

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lori.b

Reaction score
color corrected paph-1.jpeg

Hi Everyone,
I'm brand new to this and this is my first posting.
Here is Paph. Hengduan's Purple Tiger, a cross between tigrinum and callosum. It was purchased as a seedling in October, 2018 and just opened a few days ago. It took a few months from when the bud appeared to what you see now but I think it was worth the wait. I hope you like it too.

That is a beautiful flower and I love the shape... anything but big and round and flat. There are so many different sizes/shapes out there so why stick with the same thing all the time. I’d love to take something like that to judging.

That is a beautiful flower and I love the shape... anything but big and round and flat. There are so many different sizes/shapes out there so why stick with the same thing all the time. I’d love to take something like that to judging.
Thanks Phred. I like the tall, lanky shape of it too. It reminds me of sangii only larger.

love it also... definitely colorful, and sangii like...

made me wonder about curtisii and tigrinum (not registered)... wonder if it is tough pod to make.

And indeed a nice hangianum

No doubt - VERY nice!!! :)

(and is the only AM so far!)

Actually, I sold one to a Thai grower last May and he got an AM on it the next day... but he hasn't paid for the award yet, despite several reminders (he acknowledges the reminders and then does nothing). Oh well. :rolleyes:

And Lori's scored higher and looks fantastic!

Back