Paphiopedilum helenae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few other plants of this species seem to follow suit, flowering in the nearest future - maybe also the 'Lemon Elf' (I'm not 100% sure, whether it is a bud, that's underway, or maybe just another leave growing - though, that of course would also be nice, the former would make for the most pleasing experience afterall!) 😉

PS. Chris, Cimabue is in bud, too, but I've "succeeded" in killing off the henryanum album young plants from you - due to rot, that I discovered too late and beyond repair. So sad! 😭😭😭

A few other plants of this species seem to follow suit, flowering in the nearest future - maybe also the 'Lemon Elf' (I'm not 100% sure, whether it is a bud, that's underway, or maybe just another leave growing - though, that of course would also be nice, the former would make for the most pleasing experience afterall!) 😉

So fingers crossed! This would be a very late 'Lemon Elf' this year as it should have flowered regulary at the end of August.

PS. Chris, Cimabue is in bud, too, but I've "succeeded" in killing off the henryanum album young plants from you - due to rot, that I discovered too late and beyond repair. So sad! 😭😭😭
Sooo sad!!!
Yes these are very prone to rot. I have them in bark that is usually too big for the size of the pot therefore.

The in situ photos are so illuminating. I am growing in pumice and linestone with a sprinkling of seedling mix bark. Next repot, I will do 30/30/30 pumice/limestone/kanuma, 5% seedling bark, 5% organic worm castings.

Latest posts

Back