Paphiopedilum helenae N°1

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul

Reaction score
very lovely species

P1200933.JPG

P1200934.JPG

Nice. Is that a seed pod you made last blooming? I have the same thing going on. New blooming while pregnant.

yes seed pod, crossed with the other one that is going to open and is slightly different.
I will also have aureum in bloom with more flowers... lol

Dear Paul!
Congrats on very nice helenae! If you remember, I bought one album fma. seedling from you. I need culture tips. It grows and still alive but very slow....
Many thanks: Istvan

Dear Paul!
Congrats on very nice helenae! If you remember, I bought one album fma. seedling from you. I need culture tips. It grows and still alive but very slow....
Many thanks: Istvan

Hello Istvan,
It's not very hard to grow, you just have to water with very low salts when young and keep quite wet and warm. when mature it's more easy and fast growing!
By keeping quite wet and very low salts, you help it make new roots and so, new leaves. :)

Hello Istvan,
It's not very hard to grow, you just have to water with very low salts when young and keep quite wet and warm. when mature it's more easy and fast growing!
By keeping quite wet and very low salts, you help it make new roots and so, new leaves. :)

Many thanks, what do you mean by "very low salt cc. solution"? I use for fertilizing 50-60 ppm K-lite fertilizer. Is it too much for it or too little?

I'm watering about 30ppm N, but I could divide it by two I think with no problem!

it's now mature I think, and sure there will be many seeds!!! :D

Latest posts

Back