Paphiopedilum Harold Koopowitz

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This flower is amazing, and the plant very healthy, does it receive rain water during all rainy season?

This flower is amazing, and the plant very healthy, does it receive rain water during all rainy season?
This particular plant is under cover, and gets watered with RO-filtered water. Our city water can run over 400 ppm tds at times and, after just about a year of RO, the difference is palpable. I am moving more and more of my phrags to roofless areas (my husband built them to accommodate polycarbonate panels if I change my mind), and they are thriving. I have not had the courage to try moving mature paphs out - took too long to get them to blooming size to lose them to crown rot. Gentle overnight showers are nice, it’s that weekslong drenching with overcast days, usually in the early months of the year, that causes problems. I suppose we could spray more fungicide/bactericide, but we prefer not to. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back