Paphiopedilum hangianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Life is unfair, isn't it? Why can't we share these special plants??? The local people's destroying them !!! while someone with the love for flower can't save them !!! I thought CITES suppose to save these plants, This is not clear to me..... can someone explain this matter.
Can someone also explain this ... (correct me if i'm wrong on this one) if someone come to USA illegal ( undocument), and this person has a child. This child will be US citizen and legally lives in USA. But for an illegal (undocument) plant comes to USA. This plant gives birth to its baby, this baby is still illegal (undocument)... how come??? This 2 logic doens't go together every well, isn't it. .... life is unfair, just live with it ....
Now that is my 2 cents
Baodai

Well, this kind of gets my goat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paphioboy
very nice...! wish i had one...

I wonder if there's a reason why he can't get any also!?
Does his government also revel in their ineptness!

Oops, missed your post, Eric... Actually I have seen hangianum for sale 2 or 3 years ago during a local flower fest (back when I did not even know hangianum existed..:eek::p). I forgot which vendor sold it, but they look like the Taiwanese bred ones... I remember thinking to myself 'what kind of parvi hybrid is this?' but didn't buy it cos it was expensive and I wasn't sure if I could keep it alive. But I have not seen any sold in more recent years. maybe someone else had already snapped up all of them...

Beautiful all of them... Weird shapes...!

The shape of hangianum is not weird, it just depends on which particular individual plant you look at (like children of the same parents, some are not as good looking/beautiful as others)
I think hangianum has the best looking pouch of the parvi group, and furthermore, maybe, I am bias, but I think the parvi group have the best looking pouches of all the paphs.

Hakone, nice to see that you have seedlings of hangianum...:drool: Just my opinion, but I think that you may be overpotting the little seedlings?:confused: I think they don't like that because they may stay too wet and I can see some of them have brown leaf tips...

Back