Paphiopedilum hangianum vinicolor 'Sumo Balls'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roth

Reaction score
That's a hyperchrome form of hangianum, just bloomed that one today. Such plants are extremely rare compared to the normal or the 'standard red' form of hangianum. Many more pics of hangianum to follow in the coming days.

hangianumsumoballsdv6.jpg

hangianum 'Sumo Balls' can blow you off, in a manly way that is :rollhappy:

That is an incredibly round flower, the next photo you post of this plant, could the image be a bit brighter? That way we could see the color difference between this hangianum and a typical hangianum. Thanks

That's a hyperchrome form of hangianum, just bloomed that one today. Such plants are extremely rare compared to the normal or the 'standard red' form of hangianum. Many more pics of hangianum to follow in the coming days.

hangianumsumoballsdv6.jpg

hangianum 'Sumo Balls' can blow you off, in a manly way that is :rollhappy:

Yes , I agree, may be flash will helps the photo.
Can you explain a little bit more what you mean of "hyperchrome" versus normal & standard red.

I don't see anything looks like vinicolor, what are you smoking, Xavier??:D:p

I don't see anything looks like vinicolor, what are you smoking, Xavier??:D:p
Vietnameses have something called "THUOC LAO".
I've never had the chance to try it, but from what I heard from the old vietnameses, they are zillions times tronger that "THUOC LA" which is normal tobacco cigarette.
You could actually get drunk with the stuff.:p

Hyper=lotsa, chrome=color. Certainly a better term for this one than vinicolor! In the US that'd be called false advertising er something.

-Ernie

Hyper=lotsa, chrome=color. Certainly a better term for this one than vinicolor! In the US that'd be called false advertising er something.

-Ernie

Thanks for the explanation on Hyperchrome.
It certainly is a very very beautiful flower.

It is really a very good shape.
But I cannot understand what you mean with hyperchrome or vinicolor. There exist many hangianum in this colour or with more coloration. Only the rounded shape is extraordinary.

Best greetings

Olaf

It is really a very good shape.
But I cannot understand what you mean with hyperchrome or vinicolor. There exist many hangianum in this colour or with more coloration. Only the rounded shape is extraordinary.
Best greetings

Olaf

I will take some more pictures. There are 3 color forms of hangianum, the normal one, another type with red color, that does not extend up to the sides of the petals, and the so-called 'vinicolor' form like the one on the picture, the red extends to the sides of the petals, and the entire back of the flower has heavy red markings as well... I will take some more pictures tomorrow of the 3 types.

There is 1 different plant in Germany too as far as I know, 'Tai-Ger' :D

And there are only very few hangianum with red color actually, not "many", and I have yet to see a plant with more coloration than that one or Tai-Ger. They appear as single individuals apparently.

There were at the early days some hangianum with a deep red base extending nearly to the middle of the leaves. As far as I know, none has yet flowered too.

Latest posts

Back