Paphiopedilum hangianum 'Burnt Sugar' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A big congratulations. It would be an incredible thrill just to flower this species, let alone receive an AM award. How long have you been growing it?

Thanks all! Getting this awarded is the icing on the cake.

Congratulations! Any breeding plans with it?

None yet. I have not done any breeding. Maybe in the future.

Stunning, congratulations! I’m also coveting that Fumi’s Delight in the background.

It was pulled but did not make the cut. I need to get the feedback from the judges. I was helping a friend at her booth.

A big congratulations. It would be an incredible thrill just to flower this species, let alone receive an AM award. How long have you been growing it?
It has been with me since 2016, when it was a small seedling.

Congratulations! It's a beauty for sure. Can you show us a close up picture of it too? I really like the name you chose for it, very fitting.

Cross your hang and Fumi's Delight together! ;)
I might give that a try! The Fumi is strong enough to carry a pod.

Such a stunning species, and such a stunningly good job of culture!
Do you consider it a difficult it a difficult specie?
More pics. would be greatly appreciated!
I don’t think it's difficult to grow. It is just extremely and painfully slow to grow.

Mine goes outside in the summer and receives a few hours of morning sun. It stays out until temperatures reliably dip into the 40s. In the winter I grow it under lights with the other parvis species. All are watered once or twice a week. For my condition, twice a week is the goal. This keeps them from drying out completely between waterings. The hangianum is in a micro climate where the temperatures go in to the high 50 at night.

I hate to repeat what others have already said but there is no better way to say it other than Congratulations. Love both the hangianum and the Fumi Delight. Do think you should try to cross them. I'd be interested in a flask if anything ever becomes of the crossing.

Latest posts

Back