Paphiopedilum hangianum ‘First Class’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some wonderful news! The first pod which had a threatened pregnancy finally split open tonight and produced tons of seed! Apparently the ‘infection’ was only on surface superficial layer and did not contaminate the dry seeds inside. Gestation was only 4 months which was surprising to me as other species took 6-12 months!

D35F5431-0913-4BB4-B179-CCC5A289FADD.jpegFEA0713C-38D4-4A67-9FFE-581AF9E150EE.jpeg

The second pod is one month behind. So hopefully more seeds.

I’m just happy the pods have not weakened the plant as two new growths are emerging nicely.

Last edited:
Thought I’d update the four new growths with this video. Hope it loads!
Amazing hangianum Leslie!! I didn’t see this file, but it is impressive. Four new growths means a great culture. What about the seedlings?? Is working on??

Amazing hangianum Leslie!! I didn’t see this file, but it is impressive. Four new growths means a great culture. What about the seedlings?? Is working on??
Thanks JLOG. It's my second attempt at a hangianum (first one died miserably a decade ago 😭 ).

The seeds were sent a few months ago but so far no info on germination yet.

Latest posts

Back