Paphiopedilum hangianum ‘First Class’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a little update. The second pod seems to be developing nicely with no browning.

The first pod that had trouble at the tip with yellowing and then spreading brown spots seem to have stabilized. Looks like I may have two pods!

Yikes, that’s a lot of seeds. Might have to send to seed banks around the world lol.

B6B953BE-03A2-4D1E-B545-1CFABC8DFC43.jpeg7C8FFDFF-466D-4398-8E65-F65244840E22.jpegC56761AF-18BE-478A-8876-5D2461D08E06.jpeg

If everything goes well and the germination is high, species usually yield quite high fortunately, I would like one good looking flask.
I might have something for you that would be of interest. ;)
I'm aware this is not the fastest growing plant and it is a selfing, but there is always going to be few exceptional seedlings among the bunch.
Flasks are also allowed to travel across the border easily if I understand it correctly. :)

For now, I 'm just a bit concerned about the fungal(?) issues that are expanding on the seed pod. Hopefully the lab technician will properly sterilize everything when the time comes.
Best of luck!! This is such a fine plant where the plant isn't too big which is typically the case for hangianum while the flower has such nice shape and size to it.
May the force be with you!! hehe

If everything goes well and the germination is high, species usually yield quite high fortunately, I would like one good looking flask.
I might have something for you that would be of interest. ;)
I'm aware this is not the fastest growing plant and it is a selfing, but there is always going to be few exceptional seedlings among the bunch.
Flasks are also allowed to travel across the border easily if I understand it correctly. :)

For now, I 'm just a bit concerned about the fungal(?) issues that are expanding on the seed pod. Hopefully the lab technician will properly sterilize everything when the time comes.
Best of luck!! This is such a fine plant where the plant isn't too big which is typically the case for hangianum while the flower has such nice shape and size to it.
May the force be with you!! hehe
Absolutely we can trade flasks…. There are some plants you have I’m drooling for lol.

Let’s hope that brown streak on pod #1 doesn’t affect seeds too much. If so, the second pod is why I backed it up…

Absolutely we can trade flasks…. There are some plants you have I’m drooling for lol.

Let’s hope that brown streak on pod #1 doesn’t affect seeds too much. If so, the second pod is why I backed it up…
Hope this will work out. The plant & flower is so nice!! And then, you or anyone out there should do outcross with its progeny.

Message me the list of what you want but trading flasks would be easier than dealing with plants. To further entice you, a couple of possible flasks in the near future are (brachy x micranthum) x Fanaticum & Magic Lantern x In-Charm Handel. 😉

Hope this will work out. The plant & flower is so nice!! And then, you or anyone out there should do outcross with its progeny.

Message me the list of what you want but trading flasks would be easier than dealing with plants. To further entice you, a couple of possible flasks in the near future are (brachy x micranthum) x Fanaticum & Magic Lantern x In-Charm Handel. 😉
Sounds like a plan lol…

Leslie

When you have time, please go through my older threads and make a list of things you want a division of.
Otherwise, I might throw or give them away. I tend to go through this "cleansing" session every now and then to open up space for shopping new plants or for growing seedlings, or I randomly just toss things out that I no longer feel too attached.

Leslie

When you have time, please go through my older threads and make a list of things you want a division of.
Otherwise, I might throw or give them away. I tend to go through this "cleansing" session every now and then to open up space for shopping new plants or for growing seedlings, or I randomly just toss things out that I no longer feel too attached.
Ok I will do that thanks!! I’ll PM you when I do.

Latest posts

Back