Paphiopedilum godefroyae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paphiopedilum godefroyae, or as noted on the tag leucochilum 😉, is a real favorite of mine..........
Darlene, this is a real beauty and in my eyes Paph. godefroyae should be right because of the spots on the pouch. To my understanding are these two plants in one pot or one plant with two sprouts ? I'm wondering this because of the different patterns on the leaves.

Thanks all!

Really beautiful! What is you culture on this lovely species? Mix, temperature and fertilizer?
The mix is med bark, charcoal, perlite, and oyster shells. I grow under lights in the winter and outdoors in the warmer months. When they are indoors the night minimums are in the low 60s and the daytime max is in the low 80s. They dry between watering and are fertilized each watering. I use K-lite fertilize at .5-1 teaspoon per gallon.

Darlene, this is a real beauty and in my eyes Paph. godefroyae should be right because of the spots on the pouch. To my understanding are these two plants in one pot or one plant with two sprouts ? I'm wondering this because of the different patterns on the leaves.
This is one plant with two flowering growths.

Paphiopedilum godefroyae, or as noted on the tag leucochilum 😉, is a real favorite of mine. This one opened promptly 3 days after the last local show. Sigh...

Here it is in natural light and in the photo box:
View attachment 34129

View attachment 34132
This my godefroyae it’s from Lecufle ( or should I say leucochilum?) it doesn’t has any marks on its pouch , I also have a leucochilum from Normans orchids but it has markings 😩

Attachments

• 44E40957-753A-4C7F-8D31-22CEDC05F84A.jpeg
    44E40957-753A-4C7F-8D31-22CEDC05F84A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back