Paphiopedilum godefroyae album ‘Double Happiness’ AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a huge fan of alba/album form of any species but that is very nice! Any markings/colors at the back?

Your flowers and plants are always near perfection! Here I see leaf tips that look like a couple of my plants. What is the cause? I’ve treated my plants for mites although I don’t see any present.

One word suffices, Leslie: Eminent! 🙂

In the photo theres a faint blush in the dorsal. It that present to the naked eye?
To my eye, though not unclothed, it looks more like a faint shade ON the dorsal than a faint blush IN it!
And furthermore, I guess the AOS-judges would have detected even the slightest trace of anthocyanin in the flower and plant, before awarding it as fma. album!

Your flowers and plants are always near perfection! Here I see leaf tips that look like a couple of my plants. What is the cause? I’ve treated my plants for mites although I don’t see any present.
Those are spider mites coming in from show plants that unfortunately took while I was away. But sprayed soon after so now stable.

No it’s a shadow from the red tones of full spectrum lights. I’ll take a pics in natural light tomorrow.
It is hard to entertain every idea/request at forums...unless you want to, there is no need for pictures to prove it...we will take your word for it.

Love this. Thank you for pointing out the mite damage. I am just getting back into Orchids after 40 + years. I have acquired quite a few paphs from eBay with the same appearance. I was thinking it was cell collapse from cold water. So far I haven’t seen any live mites

So beautiful and creamy with jade white color
I would have named the flower 白衣 觀 音 or White-robed Guan Yin
instead of double happiness , since I always associate double happiness with red color

Latest posts

Back