Paphiopedilum glaucophyllum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIN

Reaction score
Another species need to share with you.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 36
Hi
Sharing picture of Paphiopedilum glaucophyllum in bloom

Attachments

• Paphiopedilum glaucophyllum4.jpg
    Paphiopedilum glaucophyllum4.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Paphiopedilum glaucophyllum3.jpg
    Paphiopedilum glaucophyllum3.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Paphiopedilum glaucophyllum7.jpg
    Paphiopedilum glaucophyllum7.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Paphiopedilum glaucophyllum10.jpg
    Paphiopedilum glaucophyllum10.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Paphiopedilum glaucophyllum9.jpg
    Paphiopedilum glaucophyllum9.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 18
Nice. They are very rewarding plants. Mine had 2 flower stocks. I cut one off after 14 months and 12 flowers. The newest one has flowered 5 times now. Plus the flowers are persistant for quite awhile after the new bud opens.
Don

Very nice ones! Though the colouration of that one that DIN shows is more intense, at least in the photos. Therefore I like it slightly more.

I need to try one of these. Any recommendations of glaucophyllum, victoria-mariae, victoria-reginae and primulina? Is that the full list of these little multis? Any pros/cons/recommendations as to each? I’ve never been attracted to these before so I haven’t paid much attention to them. They don’t seem to turn up here as topics very often.

Ozpah is right, moquetteanum is Indeed an eyecatcher! But I find that all the species in this subgenus, each has their own charm!

To complete your list, BrucherT, you need to add: liemianum, primulinum fma purpurascens and dodyanum.

P. victoria-mariae grows in a higher altitude and needs to be grown somewhat cooler than the rest.

Latest posts

Back