Paphiopedilum gigantifolium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just noticed how extremely hairy the buds are. Never noticed in pictures in literature.

And how they have similar coloration of flowers to stonei (pink pouch, whitish dorsal with stripes, dotted petals, white ovary). Looks like they are more related than I thought. Just the larger sister (plant) of stonei with smaller lady (flower) parts.

Congrats!!!
That is a wonderful and impressive plant.
Mine is with a leavespan of 50 cm still a baby...

Holy cow, this is a very impressive plant, nicely grown and with spectacular flowers. Furthermore not often seen here. Altogether an eye catcher. Congrats! Please, what are the measurements of the leaf span?

Last edited:
Great job growing! How big was the plant when you first started with it? I've also got one at 50cm LS but not sure how long from here
70 cm but it is a strong species for growing. It is just I have not forced the plant to grow quicker, shady place warm...

Holy cow, this is a very impressive plant, nicely grown and with spectacular flowers. Furthermore not often seen here. Altogether an eye catcher. Congrats! Please, what are the measurements of the leaf span?
110 cm wide😁

Latest posts

Back