Quantcast

Paphiopedilum gigantifolium

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

blondie

Reaction score
very nice one i wouldnt grow as it would take to much valuable space up on the greenhouse lol

DrLeslieEe

Collector of new, rare and albino paph species
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I just noticed how extremely hairy the buds are. Never noticed in pictures in literature.

And how they have similar coloration of flowers to stonei (pink pouch, whitish dorsal with stripes, dotted petals, white ovary). Looks like they are more related than I thought. Just the larger sister (plant) of stonei with smaller lady (flower) parts.

musa

Reaction score
Congrats!!!
That is a wonderful and impressive plant.
Mine is with a leavespan of 50 cm still a baby...

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Holy cow, this is a very impressive plant, nicely grown and with spectacular flowers. Furthermore not often seen here. Altogether an eye catcher. Congrats! Please, what are the measurements of the leaf span?

Last edited:

paworsport

Reaction score
Great job growing! How big was the plant when you first started with it? I've also got one at 50cm LS but not sure how long from here
70 cm but it is a strong species for growing. It is just I have not forced the plant to grow quicker, shady place warm...

paworsport

Reaction score
Holy cow, this is a very impressive plant, nicely grown and with spectacular flowers. Furthermore not often seen here. Altogether an eye catcher. Congrats! Please, what are the measurements of the leaf span?
110 cm wide😁

paworsport

Reaction score
i know some gigantifolium are not as big for the leaf span, dépends of the parentd

Latest posts