Paphiopedilum Fumi's Delight

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty!
Mine are in low spike. I'm not very hopeful. These are major pain in the butt for me.
Where did the plant come from?

Last edited:
Thanks all!

@Happypaphy7 It is from Sunset Valley Orchids. I bought it in 2016.
Ha~ I had two plants of FD from SVO bought around the same time.
They both clumped up readily. They blasted on me on their very first attempt to bloom in 2017/18. Then, finally they bloomed with two flowers in the spring of 2021.
Large pale nearly white pouch with yellow petals, overall quite chunky like yours.
They were among the best growing FD I've tried.
I still have one from Windy Hill Gardens, a good grower but blasted on me, currently in spike again.
Then, I have this other plant from unknown source that bud blasted two years ago, and yes, in spike again.
My biggest pain is these, closely followed by their parent species, a few of which I have bloomed. I just didn't like any of them.
I hope to see them in bloom this spring. or next. as long as they are nice, they'll be forgiven. 😂

This one followed a similar pattern. It pulled me in the first season by producing two beautiful flowers. Then took a break for 2 years. Then blasted twice. Forgiveness is a virtue. 😆 it will produce three flowers back to back this season assuming the third spike does not blast.

My armeniacum only blasts, if it buds at all. I have it in a new place this winter, and it is in low spike. I have my fingers crosses.

Do you still have all you FDs?

Mine took two years' break, too!! Those from SVO. As pretty as the leaves, I do have quite a few similar parvis, so I sold them both.
I now have FD and FD hybrids from other sources. All of these has a history of blasting lol
My armeniacum that's in high bud looks to have passed that stage where they blast usually. So fingers crossed for it.
I have two more armeniacum in low spike. Another spike on my Norito Hasegawa. Woohoo~~ :)

Magnificent! I am still looking for a nice one of these. Congrats!

Back