Paphiopedilum Fumi's Delight

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnathaniel

Lurker
Reaction score
I've resolved to get better about photographing and posting pictures of blooming orchids. I just got this from Springwater Orchids, very large and well-grown for the price. Thanh sent it in late spike so all I had to do was keep my clumsy mitts off it and let it bloom. NS is about 6 or 7 cm I think, but I'll measure for real later today. Color is a little washed out from the flash but is mostly uniform pale yellow aside from the staminode. Growth habit is stoloniferous so as soon as it's done blooming I'm going to put it in a basket.

This is my first time using flickr to post an image here, please let me know if it's wonky and any suggestions on fixing.

Paphiopedilum Fumi's Delight by gnathaniel, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments everyone! I think Thanh has more of these in bud if anyone's looking...

Thanks for the suggestion, Ozpaph, I edited to display larger inline.

Eric, I'll post a plant shot later tonight or tomorrow as time allows.

Plant looks very healthy! I have one that has one stolon circling the whole pot. How much light does it get?

Thanh definitely has nice plants, this is the nicest I've gotten from him but the others (mostly younger seedlings) were all great quality for the price.

Right now it's in a bright south-facing window with about 4 hours of direct light a day, not sure what FC that translates to. Once I put it in a basket it'll go outside under trees, where the light is what I'd call bright shade most of the day and where armeniacum, micranthum, and Magic Lantern all seem to grow alright.

Couldn't ask for a better flower. The PIC works. I would suggest playing around with your settings and photograph without the flash, see how you do. Repost here if you like what you get.

Latest posts

Back