Paphiopedilum fanaticum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yours is ALOT further along than mine hmmm ........ how long do you think before the bud actually opens?

Hello Eric,
thank you, in Nordrhein-Westfalen, Düsseldorf:clap:

Send more pictures when the flowers open. I am not familiar with this species.

Corbin, I believe I've heard that fanaticum sometimes occurs as a natural hybrid, but when someone (people, not insects :) ) breeds the two species that make it up you write it w/ a capital letter to signify the artificial hybrid, though I'm not sure on all the rules that apply when something occationally occurs naturally and is then made artificially as well. Now I need to look into xfanaticum more when I'm not supposed to be doing other work! :) I'm sure someone on the forum has more ideas about this though.
I like it already, can't wait to see the bloom open!

that sounds very optimistic !

I think my Fanaticums actually beat my malipos for being the slowest paph to bloom once you spot the spike. I have 2 on which I first spotted the spike about 8 months ago and now the bud is just starting to form but the spikes have hardly emerged from the growth !:rolleyes::confused:

Hello Corbin,
paph. x fanaticum = malipoense x micranthum
Quelle: Slipper Orchids of Vietnam, L. Averyanov, page 263 :confused:

I'm watching for mine to bud up too. The growth is a little smaller than last year though. My fingers are crossed!
Please post photos once it blooms!

Craig

that sounds very optimistic !
I think my Fanaticums actually beat my malipos for being the slowest paph to bloom once you spot the spike. I have 2 on which I first spotted the spike about 8 months ago and now the bud is just starting to form but the spikes have hardly emerged from the growth !:rolleyes::confused:

I haven't experienced a Fanaticum in bloom yet, as I indicated it's in low bud & I will add it's been that way for easily a month or two. I did wait the excrutiating time for a mal to open only to have the whole flower fall off the stem the next day for no apparent reason!
....in the meantime the multis are keeping me occupied, as well as the fairrieanums, a couple of complexes on the way & the bulbos are spiking!

..en..dot hit me if i guess 5 weeks or even more...
And i 've smiliar experience with Sangii , but it's a malipos, the bloom finally open when the spike get up to 1 meter height by nearly a whole year.

Latest posts

Back