Paphiopedilum fairrieanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P.K.Hansen

Reaction score
The last of my fairrieanum plants. Two flowers this time.
I've killed a few over the last two years, but this one seems to do just fine.
Not the best clone around, but I love it.

51634056080_c45ed1a1c1_c.jpg

51632379032_b1e86cac98_c.jpg

Not the best clone around, but I love it.
Well, might depend on the perspective, Per?
It's a good and nice, natural looking fairrie! When it comes to form at least a good one!
Of course, it can't compare to its linebred confreres, when it comes to colour and size.
But if awardability isn't your first priority, I would in your shoes just keep on loving it for what it is: a very nice, natural looking fairrie! 🥰

It's a good and nice, natural looking fairrie! When it comes to form at least a good one!
Of course, it can't compare to its linebred confreres, when it comes to colour and size.
But if awardability isn't your first priority, I would in your shoes just keep on loving it for what it is: a very nice, natural looking fairrie! 🥰
i must agree. Eg. i love natural spicerianums much better then any selected forms.Also with charlies.This one is exeptional to my "natural" eyes.

This time I only can second or echo Jens' words. He said it in a appropriate way.....there's nothing left to say. Oh still....very nice photos. 👍

Beautiful Fairrie and excellent photos. I recently got one that is very well grown (I can't take any credit for that). It has two buds on one spike, opening very soon. I have no idea if it is a natural looking one or line bred, will have to wait an see...

This surely comes from line breeding. Paph fairrieanum is so available why illegally collect?
I just hasten to say, that I in no way implied, that Per's plant should be in any way an illegaly collected plant...I'm sure it's nursery propagated... But what I meant to refer to by 'line bred' was the plants and flowers that have been selected and bred, selected and bred, etc etc along a long breeding line to develop specific outcomes regarding esp colour and size!

Latest posts

Back