Paphiopedilum fairrieanum 'Pankot' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all. It is a treasure since I really like the 'pagoda' look of the oriental style flowers. Can't wait till my fairrieanum albums bloom in a few months.

It has great potential that's for sure

Hear, hear...maybe the drawbacks in quality of this years flower was due to stress caused by the division and the change in growth regime, that inevitably always follows, when the plant goes from one grower to another! We eagerly awaits the result for next year!

And will watch with envy when your fairreanum fma. bohlmannianum (the botanically correct name for the albinistic form of the species) will flower! I'm - almost - ready to kill for laying my hands on this colour form! ;)

Kind regards, Jens

Last edited:
Thanks all. The colour of this select clone is darker than the norm. It seems like the line breeding is catering to this trait.

Yes Jens is correct. This album type is the 'bohlmannianum' form. I was lucky to secure ten of these albums, of which 3-4 are in spike currently. I will post them up when they are in full bloom.

Beautiful. Dont know how to react without the normal curls though.
But congrats, I love this species too. I have a few seedlings Im sooo challenge to grow.

Just wanted to update the two fairrieanums brothers/sisters of ‘Pankot’ that just opened. First one is ‘Radiation’ with the wide dorsal sepal and the second darker one is ‘Raksha’, both are divisions from Hillsview (thanks Theresa!). Grown in cooler nights (15-17C) in winter under T5’s ... taken at night with warm overhead fluorescent light with my iPhone XS plus (may have to retake in daytime). Trick to keep them happy is to never let them dry out (as instructed by Theresa).

C94C1519-721D-4A20-A0EC-873D20961AE8.jpeg A36BA047-9D70-48AE-ACA8-455AD450C33E.jpeg

Thanks all.... here are the daytime pics. A lot more contrast is visible between the magenta lines and the white background.

Radiation is about 8 cm NS with a 5 cm DS while Raksa is skinnier at 5 cm NS and 3.5 cm DS. They look like water buffaloes with the petals curving like horns. Or a Chinese pagoda LoL... their pouch colors are lighter than Pankot.

D94C18A3-3215-4FBE-B234-A3050B523F54.jpeg D332CE77-79F9-41C4-969D-E1CCB8FE042C.jpeg

Latest posts

Back