Paphiopedilum fairrieanum f. bohlmannianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW Darlene, such a well grown clump of plant carrying 4 flowers a the same time....you can't expect more. Very impressive ! 👌

......... but I wouldn't consider it a true alba form as there appears to be some pigment in the staminode.......
Maybe you are right because you can see this 'dark' zone in all photos, maybe it's just the light in the photos ?

Well Darlene, THAT is impressive!!!
As you might know, I am hooked on species albino's and this one I find the hardest to maintain in a good condition. Rarely seen such a nice multigrowth plant like that. I would love to learn from you on how you grow and bloom it. I know botanically it might be disqualified as albino, but I would be happy to give such a beauty a home in my collection, with or without the little red pigment :) Well done!

So, so, beautiful.... and such an incredible wellgrown clump, Darlene. Kudos for culture!

Although it's not as dark as the photos indicate, there is definitely some pigmentation there.
Could you maybe make a closeup or two of the staminode in natural light? Pigmentation wouldn't per se be a problem, anthocyanin pigmentation, though, would!

Thanks all.

This plant will be going to judging over the weekend. Until then it is staying with a friend. I will take some close up natural light pictures when it comes back home.

Very nice flower but I wouldn't consider it a true alba form as there appears to be some pigment in the staminode. Very desireable non the less.
Rightly so, not true album therefore the varietal name Bohlmaniannum is used, indicating a continuum range of alboviride to albescents (pinkish margins).

Latest posts

Back