Paphiopedilum fairreanum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

paphjoint

Currently in bloom

Tadd ?????

Paphiopedilum%20fairreanum.jpg

Wow! That's pretty much awesome. Gotta start looking around for one for me now. Great flower. Love the hairs and the flair of the dorsal. The color is unbeatable

Tadd won't like this...yeah right!!!

I don't have any of these in my collection, but this one makes me want to get a few.

Wow Uri! Great petals! I love it! I think my bohlmannianum that I just won off of the raffle table for $1 is in possible low low spike! Uri, do you grow yours cooler? The colors look very nice and strong! Well done!

Thank you all for your comments

I grow my fairies intermediate - this clone is particular vigorous with three new growths!

Great job Uri.

Mine are not doing very good at present, and are definitely taking this year off from blooming.

Do you pot yours in an acidic or neutral-basic mix?

Thanks Uri

I have 2. One clone produces growths frequently, and when kept in a basic mix would add and loose roots frequently. The other clone grows bigger, but divides much less frequently, and always seems sparse on roots when in a basic mix.

Given that they can be found in both acid and basic mixes I switched to a standard bark mix, cooler temps, and less light about a month ago, and they seem to be improving.

great shot and also one of my favorites, I have several but yours is really great. I have never noticed the hairs on mine before but will look at next blooming, Thanks for sharing

Latest posts

Back