Paphiopedilum emersonii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really good culture. Congrats
What is the NPK of your citrus and tomato fertilizer, do you fertilize all year round?

Yes, maybe linden !

Four years between two flowerings. The growth of emersonii is very slow as hangianum.
I don't have particular secret for emersonii.
I just have a special culture for paphiopedilum.
I use organic materials for substrate and fertilizer.
My substrate is :
- 3 part of 'chips of coco'
- 1 part of 'paillis de chanvre'
- 1 part of 'pouzzolane'
- 1 part of 'sphagnum'
I fertilize with organic fertilizers for citrus or tomatoes " bio "
I never use chemical treatments or synthetic fertilizers ; always " bio " !
It's special and I have good results.

Chips de coco :

coco.jpg

Paillis de chanvre :

paillis.jpg

Pouzzolane :

pouzzolane.jpg

Sphagnum :

sphaigne.jpg
So red lava rock + hemp?

Ill join everyone in saying well done. Getting it to bloom is impressive in it's own right, but the excellent quality as well....that plant is a gem.

"Beautiful emersonii. I have not seen one with such perfection in a long time. The fact it has the short stem points to the original emersonii and not the vietnamese strain."
I am not sure that can be used as an ID for source location, since the emersonii in Vietnam varies greatly, all shapes and sizes , length of spikes.This youtube below is just from one orchid garden in Vietnam.

I had one in the past the flower is so close to the leaves that it could not even present itself properly.
We may have to ask Canh to confirm wether all of the emersonii in Vietnam are tall

"Beautiful emersonii. I have not seen one with such perfection in a long time. The fact it has the short stem points to the original emersonii and not the vietnamese strain."
I am not sure that can be used as an ID for source location, since the emersonii in Vietnam varies greatly, all shapes and sizes , length of spikes.This youtube below is just from one orchid garden in Vietnam.

I had one in the past the flower is so close to the leaves that it could not even present itself properly.
We may have to ask Canh to confirm wether all of the emersonii in Vietnam are tall

Aaaaaaand I just went blind from all this beauty. Guessing these are wild-collected though...?

Such a beautifull emersonii... Great form and very intense colouration of the staminode! Congrats!

On the hypothese of the length of the inflorecens being a geographical marker in this species, I have my doubt, though - my own emersonii in flower at the moment has a relative long inflorecence, but comes from Wenqing Perners nursery in Hengduan Mountains, China.
So I wonder, if there is any evidence in the litterature supporting that notion?

Kind regards, Jens

Back