Paphiopedilum druryi

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATED
druryiupdate%20plant.jpg

Whole plant and profile pic

I got the plant from Windy Hill. It gets close to what I would call "cactus" growing conditions, and it blooms every year.

I got the plant from Windy Hill. It gets close to what I would call "cactus" growing conditions, and it blooms every year.

does this mean full sun and few water??

one more bud to develop!?

Those flowers are all very, very nice!!
Jean

Rick the flower loks very nice and consistent ! Great plant too
good sibling targets :)

Here is my little guy:) It's been open for 3 or 4 days but doesn't seem like it wants to flatten out anymore. The dorsal is hooded over quite a bit.
Pdruryi1-1.jpg

does this mean full sun and few water??

one more bud to develop!?

Those flowers are all very, very nice!!
Jean

It does mean a lot of sun. Its in the SE corner of the GH with no shade cloth. I have a temp probe on the plant, and on sunny summer days its hit over 105 F on the leaf surface. The leaves are thick, stiff, and almost succulent. I reduce water in the winter, but it gets as much water as most other paphs in summer.

Actually two more spikes coming up. The plant spreads on a thick rhizome which has gone over the side of the pot like a Cattleya.

@ Rick and SlipperKing

Congrats also to you to flower P. druryi. Though this species isn't often to see this thread shows it three times -- that's great.
Best regards from Germany, GuRu

Latest posts

Back