Paphiopedilum Delrosi 'Raspberry Rascal' HCC/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Although I am sure it is not the best blooming, it is the first blooming for me after 4 years of growing. The award picture has a much darker and symmetrical pouch. I am guessing temperature played a role in the difference. This flower developed during a long heat wave. The next blooming will tell. As you can see, growing it was not been the problem. Just the whole blooming thing...

20210906_165905.jpg20210906_165850.jpg

Very nice, I've also got one that should be flowering size but no flowers. Do you have any tips on how you got yours to bloom? What temps do you give it?

Very nice, I've also got one that should be flowering size but no flowers. Do you have any tips on how you got yours to bloom? What temps do you give it?

Outside of patience and luck, I am not sure what contributed to this flowering. I grow it outside in the summer, highs generally in the upper 80s lows generally in the mid to upper 60s. Although this year, it's been warmer in the day and at night by about 5 degrees. In the winter, it is inside experiencing highs in the 70s and lows in 60s to upper 50s. Last year I started giving it brighter light similar to my strap leaf multis, which grow a half step down to the light level for my Cattleyas. If something other that patience and luck triggered this spike, I think it was the light over the temperatures.

That Delrosii should have cut down on the glasses of red wine! ;) Never the less, ir's lovely and quite adorable - let's hope for it to regularily attend its AA-meetings before its next flowering!

Latest posts

Back