Paphiopedilum delenatii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhappyrotter

Grand Chupacabra
Reaction score
Paphiopedilum delenatii (dunkel x sm)

I think it's a cute little delenatii. The shape isn't the best, but the color is really nice and the fragrance is fantastic. It reminds me of Southern magnolia and it can be smelled without having to put your nose right up into the flower (though that does help).

It's such an easy to grow plant, and blooms regularly. The foliage doesn't really have much of a dunkel look, but the flower appears to have picked up a fair amount of the dunkel color.

8XGlpWBl.jpg

hdhMupCl.jpg

kUQjUYHl.jpg

Beautiful and the shape is great, too! That kind of furling backward is typical and normal for this species although I know some people like them iron flat.
Wide petals.

Fragrance part sounds fantastic! None of mine is fragrant.
BTW, what is Southern Magnolia? Is it different than the common Magnolia with big white flowers in the early spring with nice scent??

The leaves are darker than mine, unless the picture came out that way.
I see what you mean, though!

BTW, what is Southern Magnolia?

You got it. The enormous evergreen magnolias with giant white, powerfully fragrant blooms around this time of year. I think P. delenatii has a very similar scent. It's kind of like smelling the scent of the magnolias wafting from across the yard.

With that purple pouch and fragrance it's a winner.

I agree.

Latest posts

Back