Paphiopedilum delenatii blooming in situ

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for fun..

1CXC_0296.jpg

Wow! This one found a nice patch of moss and leaf mould. (I see bamboo)
The leaves on these plants look different to the ones we grow. Wider, flatter and different markings?
Thanks Canh.

Beautiful and informative pics.. I find it striking that of the many photos of paphs in-situ posted on this site, although many of the semi-terrestrial/ lithophytic species grow on relatively wet surfaces that support moss growth, the paphs are rarely seen in proximity with ferns or other dense low vegetation.. I wonder why the absence of competition from other plants. Very low nutrients or some specific nutrients that are only suitable for paphs to grow?

Whe I take time to study all roots of all Paph species develop in their habitat, many species the roots just attached to the rooks and it seem they get nutrition from the air but not from the rooks or soil

Whe I take time to study all roots of all Paph species develop in their habitat, many species the roots just attached to the rooks and it seem they get nutrition from the air but not from the rooks or soil

Very interesting.

Please make photos from the roots of the Paphs. at your next trip.

So we get interesting references for the culture.

Back