Paphiopedilum dayanum 'abbracii'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Herrera

Reaction score
I think I posted pictures of this plant previously, but I just wanted to share and update of it.

Paphiopedilum dayanum 'abbracii'
IMAG00231_zps0319c10e.jpg

IMAG00241_zps4b83d77a.jpg

I really adore those leaves! Wonderful. I have a bunch of dayanums but withdifferent leaves, there is a variability there I understand from earlier posts. Your leaves are soo nice. I must be on the lookout for that type.

From what I have read from other posts, there seems to be two types of leaves for Paph. dayanum. When I got this one, the seller had a box of plants, some had dark and others light leaves. Interestingly enough, the ones with dark leaves where in flower at that time, but not the ones with light leaves. I chose one with light leaves so I could flower it myself. Now I feel the need to get one with the darker leaves.

Thank you all for your great comments!

Nice form. I have noticed two distinct flowering seasons in my dayanum a, mid summer and early winter. I can't say that I have noticed a difference in the leaf colouring though.

From blooming a few dayanums myself, a blush flower is more expected then a richly colored one. Of the three plants I have, all are differently colored plants but none are as light green/yellow as this one..

Still a very nice clone.

Latest posts

Back